If you’re a fitness professional or enthusiast, and you use (or plan to use) social media, you will want to attend the FitSocial 2013 Conference the weekend of 26-29 September in Boulder and Denver, Colorado.
5 Reasons to Attend
The organizers of the conference wrote an excellent post about the “5 Reasons Why You Should Attend FitSocial,” and we hope you’ll read it. In a nutshell, the advantages are:
* Science-based fitness & health content
* Expert social media content
* Network opportunities
* Movement classes
This will be our second year attending (and presenting), and we are looking forward to it for the reasons above, plus a few more.
5 More Reasons to Attend
* It’s fairly small, which means we get to interact a LOT with the expert speakers, the sponsors and the other attendees. Fitness pros will especially love the chance to interact closely with representatives from the Anschutz Health & Wellness Center, America On the Move, American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), American Council on Exercise (ACE), LiveWell Colorado, National Association for Health and Fitness, WEGO Health (Truvio), and YogaFit, as well as the world-renowned speakers.
* Uh, it’s in Boulder and Denver at one of the best times of year – September. “Nuff said there!
* We get access to a state-of-the-art fitness center. Heck, even the locker rooms are amazing.
* Quality time to hang out with friends, new and old. It’s not possible to overstate how amazingly FUN it is to spend a long weekend with people who are all interested in a fit and healthy lifestyle. It’s like a giant sleepover, but with fitness clothes instead of jammies!
* You will come home with enough RESEARCHED information for loads of blog (or vlog) posts. Doesn’t that make your job easier?
Making Money via Social Media
So now you have 10 good reasons to attend. As a bonus, we’ll add that you can learn about making money via social media at our talk “Building Your Brand and Monetizing Your Fitness Expertise.” Whether you’ve been using social media for years or are just beginning, you want to know some tips for making money from it, right? As a starter (main course at the convention), you will want to read our post, “4 Things You Need to Earn Money via Social Media.”
You do NOT have to be a current blogger. You do NOT have to be a certified fitness pro. You do NOT have to understand the ins and outs of social media. You CAN be a beginner – at social media or fitness. You CAN be a fitness pro who wants an intimate, education-rich conference. You CAN be a fitness enthusiast who wants to know and share accurate information. For example, last year we got some great information about the differences between weight loss and weight management.
CECs for ACE & ACSM Certified Fitness Pros
Yup, besides hearing representatives from these two organizations speak, certified pros will be able to obtain continuing education credits at the conference. Score!
Register for FitSocial
We encourage you to join us. Get yourself all registered up, and start counting the days till FitSocial begins!
Score even further when you hire us to speak at your next meeting or conference, or to write your blog posts. Call us at (805) 403-4338 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No matter what you’re doing in September, it’s always time to subscribe to our fitness-related YouTube channel. Have you subscribed yet to our blog? Please follow us on google+Alexandra and +Kymberly, on Twitter: AlexandraFunFit and KymberlyFunFit and Instagram: KymberlyFunFit and AlexandraFunFit.