In honor of the quiz that Alexandra is giving today to her university students, we thought we’d share the fizzy quizzy fun and ask all of you, our dear readers, a few questions. Feel free to post your answers in the comments section, as this blog is Pass/Fail and no-one has failed yet (except spammers). As we are helpful and generous, we may or may not provide hints and clues, spattered about like hot little spetters (Dutch for “splashes”) of bacon!
1. Which part of the body comes in three Disney flavors: The Maximus, Minnieous and Mousieous (aka maxiumus, medius and minimus)?
2. Who tends to reduce muscle mass by 1/3 and lose 12-14% of their strength by age 60?
3. Slower and longer cardio exercise leads to more relative fat than carbos burned (as a percentage of energy used) ; faster and shorter cardio leads to more calories burned (per minute; not necessarily overall), as an absolute number. What does slower and shorter lead to?
4. What’s one of the best ways to save over $500 per annum?
5. There are five diabetes-reducing healthy behaviors that are under your control. The first four are: Walk (or comparable activity) at least 30 minutes per day, Eat a diet with reduced trans-and saturated fats, Drink alcohol in moderation, and Don’t smoke. What is the fifth?
Well, how did you do? Are you now all whipped into shape?
Thank you, and we hope we passed the audition!. Now get out there and kick some girly ass!
Photo credits: Creative Commons