Kymberly Williams-Evans, MA
Do you have suggestions or success stories for making the most of your second half of life? Do you agree with the list below of the –
The one that most reflects me is #2: having greater confidence. Yup. As Julie Andrews sings as Maria in the Sound of Music, “I Have Confidence in Sunshine; I Have Confidence in Rain; …. Besides Which You See, I Have Confidence in Meeeeeeeee.”
Women shared other positive interesting tidbits in the More Magazine survey. How do you answer?
Apparently 86% of women over 50 believe they appear younger than their years. Gotta love that confidence (back to #2 above).
A resounding 83% of respondents said “no.” But how do we know they are telling the truth? Aha haha Cracking myself up here.
4. Did you increase your workouts like 64% of More readers? As a fitness professional, I was happy to see so many midlife women turning to exercise as the ultimate youthenizer.
3. Perhaps you wore sunscreen more often, in common with another 64%.
2. Moving up the scale of actions women over 50 took in the past decade, we come to 70% coloring their hair (I call it “returning to my roots.” If I colored my hair, I mean…….)
1. In the top spot, 74% of women shifted to a healthier diet. You too?
Take a look at “Why It’s Great to Be a Boomer” to see whether your reasons are on that list. Also, if you agreed above that you look younger than your years, do you have more energy than 20 or 30 year olds? Can you get to that energy level? Click on our post, “Can a 55 Year Old Have More Energy than a 20 Year Old?” to take a look.
Readers: What song reflects your state of mind or personality?
What makes you an Active Aging Superstar?
Photo Credits: The tree and Buddha photos were taken by our friends from Hamburg, Andy and George. All others are mine.
If you liked this post or you’re feeling active, please pin the images, and:
2) Pick up the phone or email us to book us to speak at your next meeting or conference. Call (805) 403-4338 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.