Most Common Fitness Questions Relevant for Baby Boomers
Kymberly Williams-Evans, MA and Alexandra Williams, MA
After 3 decades’ teaching fitness on 4 continents in 4 languages, Alexandra and I have been asked a lot of interesting fitness questions. As you might suspect, people all over the world have similar concerns and workout goals. And many of the questions repeat. Over time, generations, and borders. Over and over.
Can you guess which questions are the most common? Is the fitness question that often flits across your mind on our list of FAQs? Did you know that baby boomers ask basically the same questions as college students?
To be totally honest, one of the following questions is made up. A plant. A bogus item inserted to pique your curiosity. Can you figure out which one is not like the others? (Remember that game from childhood?)
Drum roll and envelope please for the Top Workout Questions asked of Kymberly and Alexandra and probably many other fitness professionals. For some answers, click on the accompanying links:
- What’s the best way to lose weight? (Answer: Lose Weight or Maintain Weight Loss? )
- How do I lose these last 10 pounds? This month? (Answer: Lose 10 Pounds in 4 Weeks)
- How do I lose the pudge/muffin top around my middle? (Seeing a theme thus far?)
- What workout shoes do you recommend? (Answer: The best shoe for you depends on many factors and several footwear posts)
- What’s the best cardio activity? (Answer: Walk or Run to the Best Cardio Workout)
- Is it better to walk or run? (Answer: Walk or Run to the Best Cardio Workout)
- What music did you just play as I loved/ hated it. So please play it never/ again. (Answer: The Ultimate Playlist of Your Fit Life)
- How do I get to be more like you? (Answer: Who are we really? Telling Twins Apart
- Which should I do first: strength training or aerobics? (Answer: Weights or Cardio – Who’s On First?)
- Am I doing (this exercise) correctly?
- Why does it hurt when I do (this)?
- What’s the best exercise to address (this area)?
- What do you recommend for someone starting out with a fitness program? (Answer: I Want to Lose 100 Pounds)
- If my knee hurts, what activities do you suggest I do/ avoid? (Answer: The Knights Who Say “Knee”)
- Do you know the way to San Jose? (Is that tune now in your head? To quote Stephen Colbert, “you’re welcome”).
- What do I have to do to get a 6-pack? (Answer: Want Washboard Abs? One 6 Pack to Go)
Admit it, did you get to question #8 and think you’d spotted the imposter? Until you got to #14 then doubt set in? True story – the former is a real and oft-asked question. Ok, so we were asked it a lot more when we were in our 20s and 30s. It still counts.
Was your pressing question in the list above? If not, stick it in the comments section below.
As you work your way down to enter your nagging active aging question, please enjoy a few photos from our trip to Thailand with our mom. Unrelated (the pics to this post, not us to our mom) and gratuitous, these photos are just a few of our faves.
The most common question on our minds: Why not subscribe to our YouTube channel to get video that will improve your fitness status? Have you subscribed yet to our blog? (Our second most common question). Please also follow us on Twitter: AlexandraFunFit and KymberlyFunFit and Instagram: KymberlyFunFit and AlexandraFunFit. Or click now on the icons above. You’ll be especially happy to do so if you like seeing our Thailand pics as we share more of them there.