If Calories and Exercise Don’t Control Your Weight, What Does?
Swig From This Fountain of Truth
As children, we learned about Ponce de León and the mythical Fountain of Youth. But did you know it actually exists? Not in a creepy, Dorian Gray way either. Every town, every home, and every person has access to the fountain; it’s just known under a different name now. The Fountain of Youth’s true name is …
Ah, ah, ah, don’t get discouraged by that word. You probably thought “easy” when you read “fountain of youth,” and “hard” when you read “exercise.” But what if the path to exercise was much easier than you thought? What if moving and eating better and more appropriately for our midlife years were as easy as the not-so-helpful habits you currently have?
Our TransformAging Webinar Summit is ready to go, and you’re invited to join our 8 experts for this 6-video series that will get you slapping your forehead and saying, “Gee, I could’ve
had a V8 restarted my fitness years ago if I’d realized it wouldn’t be so overwhelming.”
Tips from TransformAging to Transform You
Look below for a few hot tips in the ol’ town tonight that come from the various TransformAging sessions. You’ll get solutions and antidotes for all the Fit Facts below. But first, a few quiz questions to whet your Fountain of Youthiness thirst and appetite:
- At what age does muscle mass peak? The answer may surprise you.
- Do you have a “Stay Fat” or “Stay As You Are” strategy that keeps you stuck?
- And as the title of this post asks, “if calories and exercise are not controlling your weight, what is?” huh? huh? Gotta attend the webinar to find out. Or google it. Be that way!
- What is the actual cost of free radicals? Yes, they affect you, inside and out.
- If you want youthful skin, you have 9 actions under your control. How many of those 9 things are you doing, if any?
- Are you better off doing seated or standing exercises as you get older?
- Which gender averages more years (almost 9) spent in illness, especially in our older years?
Choose One Action: Register or Regret
If you don’t want to be that person spending the last 8 to 9 years of your life ill and in pain, then register for this TransformAging Summit. (If you don’t want to be the caretaker for that person then our webinar series is for you and your loved one). The sooner you take the steps to age actively, the better your upcoming years will be.
So step up to some more of those Fit Facts from the Summit, we say!
- If you’re not losing fat, you’re losing muscle
- Cardio makes you smaller, while resistance training training reshapes you
- Did you know that each chronic condition you have reduces life expectancy by 1.8 years!?
- We become more sensitive to carbs as we age, so need to decrease sugar and starch
- Sometimes we mistake thirst for hunger cues
- Sleep resets hunger hormones, and decreases cortisol levels
- As we age, we are eating too much, even though we may be eating less than in our younger years
- Your plan for success needs to be at least as detailed as your plan for failure
- You have a reason for NOT making change
In case you didn’t have a chance to read our post giving all the info about the TransformAging Webinar, we’ll list the six video titles again so you can see just how tremendous this FREE (on 6/03 & 6/04) summit is:
- (Re)Starting Fitness After 50 (This one’s ours)
- Resistance Training: Your After-50 Easy Weight Management Program (Debra Atkinson MS)
- Midlife Weight Gain, Hormones, and Menopot: Strategies for Staying Slim Without Losing Your Sanity (Tamara Grand PhD)
- Supplementation and Skincare to Transform Aging Inside & Out: What’s Really Needed? (Mo Hagan BSc PT)
- Age Be Damned: 7 Dimensions of Active Aging (Colin Milner)
- Never Grow Old! Strategies for Making the NEXT 50 years BETTER than the first! (Dan Ritchie, Phd and Cody Sipe Phd)
Register Right Here – It Costs you $000000 (that’s zero multiplied) for the live broadcast this Wednesday and Thursday at 2:30 pm PDT. And don’t worry – if you cannot watch all six at their original broadcast times, you can get them later for a teeny, tiny payment that’s lower than you’d pay for just one of the workouts Debra Atkinson provides in her session. And put all the money you just saved into the vacation kitty for your future dream trip to Rancho la Puerta spa, a health and wellness retreat just east of San Diego. The Perfect Place for People who want to age actively!
Alexandra Williams, MA and Kymberly Williams-Evans, MA