Kymberly Williams-Evans, MA and Alexandra Williams, MA
QUIZ TIME! How well do you know your Fitness Facts? Yes, it’s time to get your freak on with Fun and Fit, who examine the DARK side of activity this time around. At least one of the following Freak Out Fitness Facts is in fact, not a fact. Sadly, some of them are true. Can you pick out the fiction?
1) Adults and children spend an average of 70% of their awake time sitting (driving, eating, watching tv, reading, working at a computer, playing video games).
2) Kymberly is sitting now, being sedentary and adding to the dismal stats about sitting and butt parking. Oh, Meow!
3) The average woman adds 10 pounds of fat every decade.
5) Sedentary jobs have increased 83% since 1950; Physically active jobs now make up only about 25% of our workforce. That is 50% less than 1950.
6) Alexandra is way more fit than Kymberly.
7) Eighty percent of midlife women (age 40 to 60) have one or more heart disease risk factors.
You better have said “number 6.” Or else……
Let’s end our time together today boys and girls with a few Fun Fit Facts….or Fiction???!! Can you pick out the Fun Fit Facts that do not belong?
1) Just five minutes of “green exercise” – cycling, gardening, fishing, or other outdoor activities – can enhance your mood and self esteem.
2) Exercise can improve your brainpower .
3) Fun and Fit are brainiacs beyond belief, partly because they work out regularly.
4) Studies show that for every hour of walking, life expectancy may increase by two hours.
Photo Credits: Creative Commons & Photobucket