Alexandra Williams, MA and Kymberly Williams-Evans, MA
Today is DoubleMint “Double Your Pleasure; Double Your Fun” Twin Time as you get two double fresh, double good topics in one! First up, some quick and timely facts about Baby Boomers. Then a possible trip around the fitness world (with 7 seconds of your help).
Fun Fit Facts For and About Baby Boomers
- What do you think is the life expectancy of baby boomers? Prepare to be surprised! A death defying 87 years! Our goal here at Fun and Fit is to rouse you to make those 87 years active, engaged ones!
- When you exercise hard enough to sweat you grow new cells — cells that are better and functionally younger.
- People who burn off the most energy have healthier, younger brains compared with adults who do less.
- Physical activity leads to 5% more gray matter.
- Specific aspects of cognitive function such as task switching, selective attention, and working memory, all appear to benefit from aerobic exercise.
- Mental test scores improve for those who take part in an aerobic exercise regimen compared to those who do just stretch and tone classes.
- Even doing moderate leisure activities for 2.5 hours per week can extend your life by up to 4.5 years
- Walking and physical activity may help prevent hip replacement especially for women.
- Employees who exercise are an average of 15% more efficient than non-active workers.
- Percentage of boomers who exercise frequently? 27%
- Infrequently? 21% What about the remaining half?
- Boomers who do not exercise at all??!! 52%!!! Aaaarrgghh!
- 62 percent of baby boomers have at least 1 chronic condition as a result of obesity.
- 87% of all baby boomers seek health info online. Such as the info you get from our blog!
Anywhere There’s An Anytime
The Anytime Fitness photo contest is only a couple of days from ending, and we want to Win the grand prize of a trip to anywhere Anytime has a club (that includes Poland and Australia)! Kind of like Charlie Sheen and his famous tweet: “Born Ready. Winning.” Except he’s the bad boy of television, and we’re the good twins of fitness! And we aren’t warlocks like Charlie either, so the only way we can win the trip to the Anytime Fitness location of our choice (they are found in 12 countries) is if you vote for us. Creativity helps too, so we sure do hope our photo is Cre.A.Tive!
The voting deadline ends on 21 December, so please head over to Anytime Fitness and click on the link to give us your vote. We are the Running Twins on the Ball. We appreciate every vote! Did we mention that we want to win the trip?
Has the DoubleMint jingle been haunting you since the beginning of the post? We then dedicate this YouTube video to you:
Fun Fit Fact: Those who subscribe to our YouTube channel and blog get more fun fit facts. Please also follow us on Twitter: AlexandraFunFit and KymberlyFunFit and Instagram: KymberlyFunFit and AlexandraFunFit. Click now on the icons above or below. We make it easy to share and subscribe!
Photo credits: Us and Flickr